Thursday, October 15, 2009

A pledge and update

I confess I've been a terrible blogger in terms of consistent posting. The result? No regular readers and a long uphill battle to build up any. But if you do stumble across this blog and find it interesting, then my pledge is to write more often and perhaps be less one dimensional in the variety of topics I cover. Still, expect most of my posts to be theological in nature.

As it turns out, I am currently unemployed and have more time to write. I need to keep myself sharp and this blog will hopefully be therapeutic, even if no one reads.

So, a preacher can get laid off too. No real surprise there, but this is a time where I am having to practice what I preach. I've told the congregation that God is always with them no matter what they go through. Now, do I really believe it for myself? Intellectually, the answer is, of course, yes. Yet, it is a whole other matter to live that intellectual belief out in our everyday lives.

So, perhaps (for my imaginary readership), I will try to keep you posted as we try to discern God's will for our future.

No comments: