Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Call Me A Convert

I'm at school and have some reading to do that I've been procrastinating! Hey, you can't read 24/7, though I probably need to in order to keep up! I've only been in grad school for six weeks, but already I've been converted in some of my ideas. One of these "conversions" has to do with scientific apologetics.

I really liked philosophical apologetics and loved evidences for the resurrection. I believe these are important. However, I felt wary of scientific apologetics, because I felt that it made the Bible a science book. I figured that God made the universe and anyone who didn't believe that really had a moral issue and not an intellectual one. So, it seemed to me a waste of time to publicly converse about science with atheists.

What I didn't' realize is how far-reaching Darwinism had become, how it touched nearly every field of study (including theology). I never realized how it seeps in and is an acid (a term from atheist Daniel Dennett) to every other belief. I never realized how much Christians had just turned over science to those with knowledge but lacking wisdom, and the consequences of all of this. I also never realized how much effort goes into Darwinists covering faulty evidence and outright lies.

The light exposes the darkness. We are light. Therefore, we must expose the darkness for what it is. I still don't believe that the best strategy is to argue about dinosaurs, the flood, and the age of the earth. Rather, we should harness our efforts on the concept of Intelligent Design, which actually has much more science than Darwinism supporting it. Of course, there is a strong academic prejudice against ID (or any theory that presupposes a god). Shall we just give up then? No, I believe we must take the battle as far as we can, exposing the lies that hold so many captive, and tell the good news that we have a Creator! Like I said...I'm a convert...thanks again to Nancy Pearcy and her book Total Truth.